- Full professor in the UAB School of Public Health.
- Directs the doctoral program in Health Care Organization and Policy.
- Faculty member at UAB since 2008.
- Previously, was member of the founding faculty of the College of Medicine at Florida State University (2003-2008).
- Teaches courses in strategic management and health information technology policy.
- UAB alumni of the joint program in Health Administration between the School of Health Professions and School of Business.
- Research focuses on the strategic responses of hospital and physician practices to environmental changes; and the impact of health information technology adoption on organizational performance.
- Has published approximately 150 peer-reviewed articles; and his work is frequently showcased by the popular press.