February is American Heart Month, and UAB Medicine is celebrating with a series of events for employees. The list below highlights the events happening around campus!
Wear Red Day Photo Shoot
Friday, Feb. 3
On National Wear Red Day, join your co-workers for a group photo shoot to support the fight against heart disease in women:
- TKC 2nd floor by the staircase: 9 a.m.
- NP 1st floor lobby: 10 a.m.
- Avondale 720 1st floor lobby: 11:30 a.m.
- UAB Hospital-Highlands 1st floor lobby: 2 p.m.
Love Your Heart Table
Show your heart a little love! Visit the UAB Medicine Heart & Vascular Services information table for heart health education materials.
- Feb. 1: Administration Building 1st floor lobby: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Feb. 2: Avondale 720 Building 1st floor lobby: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Feb. 15: TKC 2nd floor lobby: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Lunch and Learn: " Know Your Heart: The Importance of Cardiovascular Screening and Current Guidelines
Wednesday, Feb. 8
West Pavilion Boardroom: noon-12:45 p.m.
UAB Medicine Heart & Vascular nurse practitioner Lisa Findley, along with UAB employee and heart disease survivor Nancy Borkowski, discuss the importance of cardiovascular screenings and the current guidelines. Space is limited. Attendance and free Chick-fil-A lunches available to the first 35 attendees.
Simple Cooking with Heart
Wednesday, Feb. 22
North Pavilion 2nd Floor Atrium: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Sample delicious, heart-healthy recipes from the American Heart Association and take home a new UAB Medicine Heart & Vascular Services recipe booklet!
If you are interested in purchasing a 2017 Heart Walk T-Shirt, please contact Christy Underwood at 934-2351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention UAB employees: You can now purchase discount Fitbit devices through the UA System Fitbit Program online storefront.
UA, UAB and UAH employees get preferred pricing on all Fitbit devices. Start tracking your fitness in three easy steps:
- Visit the storefront at www.fitbit.com/welcome/UASYSTEM.
- Enter your discount code, which is the word "blazer" followed by your unique BlazerID.
- Purchase the device of your choice.