INTERNSHIPS AND JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS
among many other injuries that occur in parks) to park visitors.
We have 11 internship opportunities available in the following 10 parks:
- Cape Cod National Seashore
- Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historical Park
- Glen Canyon National Recreation
- Area Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- New River Gorge National River
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Yosemite National Park
- Zion National Park
Interns will receive a weekly subsistence, housing, and transportation to and from the park. They will attend an intensive, week-long training prior
to placement and may be eligible for an AmericaCorps student grant. In
addition, students may be able to fulfill practicum requirements through
Interns will be supervised by park staff and will also receive technical support throughout the duration of the internship from our experienced team in the Public Risk Management Program at the NPS headquarters in
Attached is a flyer for you to post or distribute to potential applicants. For more information, students should email Gabrielle Fisher, Public Risk Program Specialist, at abrielle_Fisher@nps.gov.
“I greatly appreciated the chance to work with the Park Service...I hope to use this experience as a jumping-off point for future research -- perhaps dissertation research -- either here or in another park."
- Laura Rickard, doctoral student at Cornell University, Intern at Mount
Rainier National Park, 2009. Currently conducting her dissertation research at three national parks and recently published: Visitor proficiency profiling and risk communication at a national park, Environmental Communication, Vol . 5, No 1, March 2011, pp 62-82.
(See attached file: Flyer 2011 Intern.pdf)
- RELATED ACTIVITIES
- RELATED LINKS
- UAB-ICRC NEWS
- NCIPC LISTSERV SIGN-UP
- CARE DATABASE
- INTERNSHIPS AND JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS