Windows Mail with IMAP while adding another account.
- Open Windows mail by selecting the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then selecting Windows mail.
- Select the Accounts ribbon.
- Select Email +.
- Go to Step 2 in the First installation steps.
Windows Mail first installation
- Open Windows Live Mail
- You will see the Add your email accountsscreen.
- Type your BlazerID Password.
- Type your Display name (This name will show up when a recipient receives your email).
- Select the checkbox for Manually configure server settings.
- Select IMAP, and add the server settings below.
Mail account information you need to add:
- Incoming Server: mail.ad.uab.edu , Check require a SSL connection, port 993
- Outgoing server: relay.ad.uab.edu, Check require a SSL connection, port 587
- Requires Authentication is checked, and make sure you add your BlazerID to the Logon Username.
Mozilla Thunderbird first installation
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Add your First and Last name.
- Select and type your Password.
- Select Next and enter in your Incoming and Outgoing servers, select IMAP for Incoming.
- Incoming mail server: Mail.ad.uab.edu. Port 993, SSL: SSL, and NTLM
- Outgoing mail server: Relay.ad.uab.edu, Port 587, SSL: StartTTLS, and NTLM
If you use Mozilla Thunderbird, please use the Manual configuration option. We have found that Mozilla uses the wrong settings when it automatically searches for the settings.