Displaying items by tag: contract
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
As part of the University's contract review process, UAB IT is responsible for reviewing any University contract that includes an IT or IT related component prior to such contract being executed. The information and sample addendum, below, provide details on how to ensure that your IT related contract can be routed for execution in a timely manner. Questions on the process or requirements should be directed to UAB IT
What constitutes an IT related contract or agreement? (see note below about renewals)
- Contracts for software and/or software maintenance, including renewals
- Professional services agreements for installation of software/systems
- Contracts where University data/information will be processed, hosted, or stored as part of the vendor's services (regardless of whether system is located at University or at the vendor's site)
- Contracts involving acceptance/processing of credit card transactions
- Contracts involving design, creation, maintenance, support, and/or hosting of any website/webpage
- Contracts involving personally identifiable information (PII) or personal health information (PHI) - does not include Health System Agreements which are managed by HSIS
- Cloud-based services of any kind
- Other similar contracts/agreements
What can I provide my vendor in advance so they are aware of the contract requirements?
- For most agreements the following two addendums will be added during the routing process. You can provide those addendums to your vendor in advance for their review and acceptance/signature prior to routing at UAB and include them in the routing packet.
- The general UAB Addendum (found on the Financial Affairs contract website) which covers information related to State, University, and Legal issues/clarifications. Any changes to the UAB addendum must be approved by University Contracts.
- The UAB Information Technology Addendum which covers additional confidentiality, information security, liability, and warranty language. Portions of the IT Addendum may be applicable to only certain agreements and that applicability is detailed in the various sections of the addendum. Any changes to the IT addendum must be reviewed and approved by UAB IT.
- For agreements that include HIPAA (health related information) a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) may also be required. For information related to the BAA see the UAB HIPAA website.
What do I need to ensure is included in my routing packet to UAB Contracts?
In addition to the requirements shown on the Financial Affairs contract review process website the following items are needed to ensure a timely review:
- For RENEWAL agreements: please ensure that a copy of the original, underlying, governing agreement that was previously executed between UAB and the vendor is included with the routing packet, including any subsequent addendums. If that original agreement included the IT Addendum and UAB Addendum, no additional language may be necessary as long as the renewal document references the original agreement and not a new document. If the original agreement did not include the IT Addendum, please have it reviewed/executed by your vendor and attach to the renewal agreement when routing.
- For NEW agreements: please ensure that a copy of the full, underlying, governing agreement (license, EULA, professional services, etc) and any documents referenced in such agreement such as separate maintenance, support, privacy, statement of work, etc. (on a website or otherwise) are included with the routing packet. Submission of an order form, quote, schedule, etc. without the full underlying terms/conditions document will cause delays in the review process as those documents will be requested before the review can be completed. In addtion, please have your vendor review/execute the UAB Addendum and UAB IT Addendums and attach them to the new agreement when routing.
Links to other IT Related Agreements
- Standard Master Product/Services Agreement (and/or appropriate SOW)
- Professional Services Agreement (and/or appropriate SOW)
- Statement of Work - no hosting or processing of data
- Statement of Work - with hosting or processing services
Published in Solutions - Information Security