- Contracts for software and/or software maintenance, including renewals
- Professional services agreements for installation of software/systems
- Contracts where University data/information will be processed, hosted, or stored as part of the vendor's services (regardless of whether system is located at University or at the vendor's site)
- Contracts involving acceptance/processing of credit card transactions
- Contracts involving design, creation, maintenance, support, and/or hosting of any website/webpage
- Contracts involving personally identifiable information (PII) or personal health information (PHI) - does not include Health System Agreements which are managed by HSIS
- Cloud-based services of any kind
- Other similar contracts/agreements
- For most agreements the following two addendums will be added during the routing process. You can provide those addendums to your vendor in advance for their review and acceptance/signature prior to routing at UAB and include them in the routing packet.
- The general UAB Addendum (found on the Financial Affairs contract website) which covers information related to State, University, and Legal issues/clarifications. Any changes to the UAB addendum must be approved by University Contracts.
- The UAB Information Technology Addendum which covers additional confidentiality, information security, liability, and warranty language. Portions of the IT Addendum may be applicable to only certain agreements and that applicability is detailed in the various sections of the addendum. Any changes to the IT addendum must be reviewed and approved by UAB IT.
- For agreements that include HIPAA (health related information) a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) may also be required. For information related to the BAA see the UAB HIPAA website.
- For RENEWAL agreements: please ensure that a copy of the original, underlying, governing agreement that was previously executed between UAB and the vendor is included with the routing packet, including any subsequent addendums. If that original agreement included the IT Addendum and UAB Addendum, no additional language may be necessary as long as the renewal document references the original agreement and not a new document. If the original agreement did not include the IT Addendum, please have it reviewed/executed by your vendor and attach to the renewal agreement when routing.
- For NEW agreements: please ensure that a copy of the full, underlying, governing agreement (license, EULA, professional services, etc) and any documents referenced in such agreement such as separate maintenance, support, privacy, statement of work, etc. (on a website or otherwise) are included with the routing packet. Submission of an order form, quote, schedule, etc. without the full underlying terms/conditions document will cause delays in the review process as those documents will be requested before the review can be completed. In addtion, please have your vendor review/execute the UAB Addendum and UAB IT Addendums and attach them to the new agreement when routing.
- Standard Master Product/Services Agreement (and/or appropriate SOW)
- Professional Services Agreement (and/or appropriate SOW)
- Statement of Work - no hosting or processing of data
- Statement of Work - with hosting or processing services
Each ethernet device is assigned a unique hardware address by the manufacturer. Manufacturers are each assigned a range of addresses that they may use in their manufacturing, so that it is not possible for two vendors to assign the same address. These hardware addresses are called MAC Addresses.
You can search by MAC number to find out what vendor's hardware you are looking for. An interactive database is available from the IEEE for this purpose. You can also check Cavebear's list of Vendor Codes