To schedule an appointment to have your laptop encrypted, please contact the AskIT help desk at 205-996-5555. The following procedures will be performed on your laptop or notebook computer:
- Backing up your data
- Verifying or installing antivirus software
- Updating antivirus definitions and scanning for viruses
- Scanning with hardware diagnostic software
- Installing operating system updates
- Defragmenting the hard drive
- Encrypting your laptop
Please be advised:
- If you have a dual-boot (dual operating system), Dell Inspiron M1210, Dell E5400, Dell XPS, Dell Media Direct, Mac, Linux or IBM system, please call AskIT at 205-996-5555 before scheduling an appointment.
- You will need to bring your power supply with your laptop.
- The AskIT (CEC 225) location is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- It will take approximately 15 minutes to fill out the paperwork when you drop off your laptop computer, and approximately five minutes to complete the paperwork when you pick it up.
- The duration of the appointments (from the time you drop your laptop computer off, to the time you pick it up) are approximately 1-3 business days. If you come after 11:00 a.m. on the day of your appointment, the duration of your appointment may two business days.
BlazerID Login Required: In order to schedule a Health Check appointment you will need to login with your BlazerID and strong password. If you are unable to login, please visit BlazerID Central and choose "Activate Accounts" to determine whether you have a "strong "password. If you are unable to Activate Accounts successfully, please return to BlazerID Central and choose "Change BlazerID Password" to reset your password to a "strong" password. If you have any questions or concerns during this process, please call AskIT at 205-996-5555 for assistance.