In an effort to establish a well supported, cost-effective use of clickers ("classroom interactive response systems"), and to assist with their integration across campus, UAB has selected i>Clicker as the standard UAB Response System. The i>Clicker2 system was chosen for its ease of use, compatibility with UAB computing environment and technical support.
How Do I get Started?
How Do I Get Started?
Faculty interested in using i>clickers should request an instructor kit. Once requested, a kit can be acquired at the Center for Teaching & Learning. It includes a base receiver and USB cable, flash drive and instructor remote unit.
During Spring 2013, instructors will be asked to carry the i>clicker2 receiver to their classroom. The Receivers will be added to standard classroom equipment as of Summer, 2013.
A list of technology enhanced classrooms that will be equipped with i>clicker2 receivers is available HERE.
For use in other classrooms, faculty should use the individual receiver included in their instructor kits.
Allow 5 - 7 business days for shipping. When the kit comes in, we will send an email so that the requesting faculty may come by to pick it up.
Student i>clicker2 units are available through the Barnes & Noble UAB bookstore and Snoozy's. The current retail price is $45 per unit; there are no annual license fees. To register the unit, please review the following instructions. The unit can be used in multiple classes. Students who have already purchased an eps or Turning point clicker through the UAB bookstore will be able to exchange that unit for the i>clicker2 unit at no additional charge. This exchange option will be available until 8/31/2013.
- Become active participants in class
- Get instant feedback on their knowledge and/or comprehension
- Receive instruction adapted to their immediate needs
- Find out how they measure up to the rest of the class
- Voice their opinion without apprehension or embarrassment
- Express themselves in spite of shyness
- Identify areas they need to improve on
Benefits to Faculty
- Gather data to gauge students' comprehension before moving on
- Poll students and display class results instantly
- Enhance large lecture class with increased student participation and interaction
- Increase students' understanding and retention of topics by keeping them engaged
- Allow anonymity on controversial questions
- Provide feedback to students on their understanding
- Check if students can apply a concept to a different context
- Transform one-way teacher lecture into teacher-student interaction
- Get a large volume of individual answers immediately
- Reduce time on administrative tasks such as grading and taking attendance
For issues with the i>Clicker2 Response System units, software and features, please contact:
i>Clicker Technical Support Team
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST
or e-mail: email@example.com
For issues using the i>clicker2 Response System within your technology enhanced classroom, please contact:
AskIT at 205-996-5555 (6-5555 on campus) or submit a ticket.