Instructions for installing Microsoft Remote Desktop 8.0.25189 (Downloaded via Mac App Store)
The KPI charts measure, for example, how tickets are submitted to AskIT, the kind of issues for which customers are seeking help, the length of time tickets are open and the scores from customer satisfaction surveys/feedback.
Setting goals, measuring the results, communicating to our customers and acting on these Key Performance Indicators are critical to UAB IT's becoming a more service-oriented organization.
KPI charts by month:
Using the UAB WiFi Network
UAB IT provides a WiFi network in support of the academic, research, and administrative work of the UAB community. This WiFi network serves classrooms, common areas, green spaces, and many other popular areas around campus.
To use this network, you must have a device with a WiFi network adapter. Two WiFi networks are available as of July 31, 2014:
- UABStartHere: All users will begin by connecting to this network. Upon opening a web browswer, the user will automatically be directed to a Web page where they can choose a list of options. UAB students, employees and faculty members will have the option to either configure their WiFi device using QuickConnect or log on to the open UABStartHere network. Guests will have the option to register and log on to UABStartHere.
- UABSecure: This secure network is the preferred network for UAB students, employees and faculty members. Users must have a valid BlazerID and password, and have their WiFi device properly configured for this network. Instructions for configuring a WiFi device for UABSecure are listed below.
Issues with WiFi
If you have an issue with the UAB WiFi network please report those concerns to AskIT (firstname.lastname@example.org; www.uab.edu/askit; 205-996-5555)
UAB IT has contracted with InCommon to provide Comodo SSL server certificates for the uab.edu domain.
Any UAB department using a certificate ending in uab.edu can use the service at no cost. UAB IT pays a yearly fee that covers all certificates.
For regular SSL server certificates, the server administrator can order them here.
For wildcard certificates and multiple domain name certificates, the server administrator should send a request to AskIT with all of the details and a valid CSR (Certificate Signing Request), and the request will be routed through Data Security and the Unix team.
- 50 GB of e-mail space, an increase of 49 GB from the current service
- 25 GB of free file storage, an increase of 24 GB from the current service
- Access to Microsoft Office applications from laptops, tablets, and other mobile devices
- A single web interface to access all of the above features
Students who prefer to work offline will be able to download the Office applications and continue using their preferred e-mail clients.
We expect all students to be transitioned to the Office 365 service by June 30, 2014. For more information and how the transition will occur please visit our Office 365 for Students info page.
Desktop Web Conferencing
Cisco's WebEx conferencing product allows you to collaborate with colleagues across your organization, or halfway across the planet. You can meet online and share files, information, and expertise. WebEx solutions are meant to increase productivity while keeping you connected.UAB has negotiated a master agreement with WebEx that allows UAB faculty and staff to subscribe to certain enterprise subscriptions. See the information below for details.
Ready to order?
- Contact the WebEx representative, Ryan J. Brown (615-324-4849) email@example.com or Evan Bearry firstname.lastname@example.org ( 904-996-1307), DO NOT order via the WebEx website.
- WebEx will provide you with a quote/order form via an email link.
- Click on the link to open the online agreement.
- Review the order form for accuracy and print the actual agreement for your records. CLICK OFF ON THE ELECTRONIC APPROVAL.
- Attach the printed copy as backup for any submissions to UAB Procurement for payment.
- No agreement needs to be routed for signature.
WebEx is a comprehensive suite of real-teim web collaboration services that enable organizations to increase reach, accelerate business processes and reduce costs. Learn more.Share ideas online with anyone, anywhere. Learn more.
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Compatible: partially tested but should function properly.
Provisional: future technologies considered supported by Blackboard Support.
Unsupported: either impossible or not tested.
Microsoft Windows Operating System
Apple Mac OS Operating System
- Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 are tested in Standards Mode. Some known issues can be resolved by using Compatibility Mode (emulates IE7 behavior).
- Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have moved to a rapid release cycle. At the time of testing, Chrome 16.0 and Firefox 9.0 were the latest available versions. Since then, new stable versions may have been released and widely adopted. Blackboard is supporting all newer stable versions of Chrome and Firefox.