- Monday, Dec. 22, and Tuesday, Dec. 23: AskIT will close at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 24: AskIT will close at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Dec. 26: AskIT will be closed.
- Saturday, Dec. 27: AskIT will be open from noon to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 28: AskIT will be open from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 29, and Tuesday, Dec. 30: AskIT will close at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31: AskIT will close at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 1, and Friday, Jan. 2: AskIT will be closed.
Regular hours will resume Saturday, Jan. 3, with AskIT open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
AskIT will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 24, and Tuesday, Nov. 25. AskIT will be open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday. The help desk will be CLOSED Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holidays.
Regular hours will resume Saturday, Nov. 29.
The AskIT help desk will now be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday; from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays; and from 1 to 6 p.m. on Sundays. The change goes into effect Monday, Oct. 5.
AskIT professionals offer support for all of UAB’s central applications and services, as well as enhanced support for Desktop customers.
Help desk professionals are also available for walk-up support at the Center for Teaching and Learning (ETS 238, Education Building) from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturdays; and from 1 to 5:30 p.m. on Sundays.
You can live chat with a professional from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by clicking on the “Live Chat” button at uab.edu/askit.
You can also submit a ticket at any time by clicking on the “Submit a Ticket” button at uab.edu/askit.
Then join us Thursday, Sept. 25, for the next Tech Talk. Planned topics include:
· IT strategy (key components of UAB IT’s Strategic Direction)
· Risk profile project (update on the project which is taking an inventory of all of the servers on campus)
· Cloud computing (guidance to campus and upcoming plans)
Tech Talk is open to all in the UAB community involved in information technology. This will be a great opportunity for discussion, not just a presentation.
Tech Talk will be held from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 25, at Cudworth Hall, room 140.
No registration is required.
But don’t forget to get your computer ready for UAB’s campus, too.
UAB IT has a handy guide to preparing your computer for use on our network, including instructions for installing antivirus applications for both Windows and Mac operating systems, downloading software and accessing the network.
Click here for all the instructions.
GraphPad Prism Software Subscriptions
|UAB now has an agreement in place with GraphPat for their Prism software at a discounted price to what is available to individual users and schools direclty from GraphPad.
GraphPad Prism is a commercial scientific 2D graphing and statistics software published by GraphPad Software, Inc.. Prism is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers.
If you have any questions please contact AskIT.