Office 2013 is now available only for download by TIMGroup members only.
Compatibility testing of Microsoft 2013 is underway.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
Office Professional Plus 2013 includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Publisher and Lync and will be the version available to UAB under our Microsoft Campus Agreement when released to Campus.
UAB IT is testing Microsoft Office 2013 to determine its compatibility with applications and systems deployed in the UAB environment. Current testing includes Office 2013’s compatibility with the following:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Turning Point
In addition to UAB IT’s testing, we request that your department conduct its own testing of Office 2013 with applications and systems that are unique to your environment. This week we will release Office 2013 to TIMGroup for testing purposes. Please report your application compatibility results to Sterling Griffin (Sterling@uab.edu) once your testing is complete. Also include a list of any applications you use that interact with Office.
Until the testing and evaluation of Office 2013 is complete, UAB IT is not recommending it for mass deployment.
Deployment: (with SkyDrive disabled when using Office 2013)
UAB IT will post on the download site 2 versions of the ISO.
- As delivered from Microsoft.
- With the registry key to disable SkyDrive in a transform file
Office 2013 uses Microsoft’s SkyDrive cloud-based file-hosting service. We recommend disabling SkyDrive at this time. This can be accomplished in two ways: Using the Registry Editor and using the Group Policy Editor.
- Disabling SkyDrive by using the Registry Editor
- Launch the Registry Editor by opening the Run dialog box and entering regedit.
- When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\SignIn.
- If the SignIn key doesn’t exist, create it by right-clicking on Common à New à Key à SignIn.
- In the right pane of the SignIn key, create a new DWORD value named SignInOptions.
- Double-click on SignInOptions and change its value to 3. To restore SkyDrive functionality, simply set the SignInOptions value to 0.
- Disabling SkyDrive by using the Group Policy Editor
- To use this method, you need to install the Office 2013 Administrative Templates. If you don’t have these templates, download them from the Microsoft Downloads Web site and install them.
- Once the Administrative Templates are installed, open the Run dialog box and enter gpedit.msc to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Now that you’re in the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate down the tree to User Configuration à Administrative Templates à Microsoft Office 2013 à Miscellaneous.
- Find the “Block signing into Office” option in the list of settings and double-click it.
- In the Properties window, click “Enable” and select the option “None Allowed.”
In the case of MS Office and a few other MS products under the UAB Campus Agreement, yes, but with some limitations and not using the same media/download as you used for your UAB owned system. See the related links below for more information. Keep in mind not all software allows home use rights and each license should be verified before loading any software.