The following devices are currently supported for registration:
- Microsoft Xbox & Xbox 360
- Sony Playstation 2 & Playstation 3
- Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)
- Nintendo Wii
- TiVo DVR
- Nintendo Gamecube
Please follow these steps to register your device:
1. Visit the registration site: http://bradford-nas-vip.dpo.uab.edu/registration/GameRegister.html
2. Enter the required information including your BlazerID, Password, MAC address, and Device Type. For instructions on how to determine your MAC address, click on the type of device you are using from the list under "How to find the MAC" on the left side of the page.
3. Click "Register."
Note: The console must be connected directly to the Ethernet port on the wall. Please note that switches, hubs or routers may not be used to connect multiple devices at the same time. The game console should be configured to automatically obtain an IP address (also known as DHCP); this is the default in most cases. If you need to change your device settings to DHCP, please contact the manufacturer of the console or visit their website for support.
ResNet is the computer network available to all residents of UAB Student Housing. This high-speed internet connection is available to all residents of Blazer, Blount, Camp, Denman and Rast Halls.
Get Connected Guides
Setup Instructions for Wired Connections
Setup Instructions for Game Consoles
Setup Instructions for Wireless
Activity on ResNet is governed by the UAB Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). It is very important that you read this policy before connecting to ResNet. We have listed below some important notes to keep in mind regarding ResNet usage. This list is not exhaustive, and you are still responsible for reading and adhering to the UAB AUP.
The following activities are the most common violations of the AUP, however other activities may be against the AUP:
Downloading, uploading or sharing copyrighted materials from peer-to-peer networks such as Kazaa, Limewire or BitTorrent without permission. This is not only a violation of the UAB AUP; it is a federal crime.
- Using your ResNet connection to harass or threaten anyone else.
- Excessive bandwidth usage, even for legitimate purposes can result in an AUP violation.