The 19th annual UAB Holiday Toy Drive is underway! From now until December 11th, members of the UAB community are encouraged to bring new, unwrapped toys suitable for children between the ages of infant and 12 years.
Individuals wishing to donate toys should place them in the designated collection boxes or bring them to the UAB Administration Building lobby by noon on December 11th. Toy collection boxes are located in buildings throughout campus, including the Administration Building, Campbell Hall, CH19, Cudworth Hall, FAB, Kaul Building, Heritage Hall, Hoehn, Lister Hill Library, School of Nursing, Public Health and the UAB Police Department just to name a few. Sterne Library is also participating again this year, and library fines not exceeding $25 will be waived when you bring in the overdue books and a new, unwrapped toy (applied to current overdue books and fines only).
UAB Telecommunications is implementing our new voice mail platform on November 15th, 2012.
Your new voice mail box has been created on the new system and we need you to setup your new voice mail box prior to the cutover on November 15th.
Please go to our IT Telecommunications website for complete directions in setting up your new voice mail box.
You will be able to access archived voice mail messages on your old voice mail until December 15th, 2012. To access archived messages dial (6-6001) and follow the prompts.
*Please note that UAB Health System Cisco VoIP phones will not be affected by the cutover to the new voice mail system.
UAB Information Technology offices will be closed beginning at 5:00 PM Friday December 21, 2012 and will reopen Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM. Exceptions are as follows:
AskIT Help Desk:
- December 22/23, Saturday/Sunday OPEN (Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 1pm-5pm)
- December 24/25, Monday/Tuesday CLOSED
- December 26/27/28/29/30, Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun AskIT will be closed to telephone calls but, to the extent possible, will be handling password reset requests submitted online at www.uab.edu/askit.
- December 31 & January 1, Monday/Tuesday CLOSED
- Our automated password reset tool is always available at https://idm.blazernet.uab.edu/bid/pwd if you have a cell phone registered in B-Alert. If not, please take this opportunity to register a cell phone now at B-Alert.
- A limited staff will be available to cover hospital needs only during the holiday week.
Security Incident and emergency Information Security support is available on a limited basis during the closure hours/days by calling (205) 975-0842.