- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Domain\Username Type your full email address in this box. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Password Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server Use the address of your Exchange server. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com for your server name.
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options may include the following:
- Email checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
Set up POP or IMAP email on an Android
- From the home screen, tap Applications > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Manual setup.
- On the Incoming settings screen, in the Protocol drop-down menu, select IMAP or POP3. We suggest you select IMAP because it supports more features.
- In the Password text box, enter your password.
- In the IMAP server or POP3 server text box, enter your IMAP or POP server name. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, the IMAP or POP server name is outlook.office365.com.
- In the Security type drop-down menu and Server port text boxes, specify the POP or IMAP settings that you looked up in step 5, and then tap Next. Your e-mail application will check your IMAP or POP settings.
- On the Outgoing server settings screen, the Login required option should be selected for you, and the Username and Password text boxes should be filled in.
- In the SMTP server text box, enter the SMTP server name. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, the SMTP server name is smtp.office365.com.
- In the Security type drop down menu and Server port text box, specify the SMTP settings that you located in step 5, and click Next.
- In the Account name, text box, enter a name your account (for example “Office 365 email” or “Work email). In the Your name text box, enter the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others (for example “Tony Smith”), and then select Finish Setup.
You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.