The basics of this standard include:
- minimum/maximum length requirements for BlazerID passwords/passphrases
- password/passphrase expiration intervals
- restrictions on reusing the same password/passphrase for the six previous intervals
- password/passphrase complexity requirements
- system logging of failed attempts to log on
- disabling of unused accounts after a specific interval of non-use
- requirements for credential encryption while in transit
- several other recommendations
An official copy of this standard can be found in the UAB Policies and Procedures Library and on the UAB IT Information Security website in the IT Related Policies and Guidelines page.
Questions on this standard and its implementation should be directed to AskIT at (205) 996-5555 or to the Enterprise Information Security line (205) 975-0842 or to email@example.com.