Oracle Administrative System Documentation and Training Information
The Oracle Administrative System is an integrated suite of Human Resource (HR) and Finance (FN) modules used by the University of Alabama at Birmingham for administrative operations and record keeping. It is a web-based system that includes a Self Service Application for all employees, as well as, HR and FN Applications for staff and faculty to conduct day-to-day business. The Oracle Administrative System uses an Oracle database and is typically referred to as "Oracle".
Oracle Administrative System – Training, Instruction and Online Documentation
The Oracle Administrative System Instruction and Development Team is dedicated to providing training and instruction material to assist users of the Oracle Administrative System. To accommodate the training needs of the campus community, a variety of training methods have been developed Details are available by clicking on the links below. Please click on the links below for additional information. For questions regarding training and instructions for the Oracle Administrative System, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Classroom Instruction
Weekly “Walk-In” Oracle Users Clinic – The Oracle Administrative System Instruction and Development team is available every Thursday afternoon from 2:00 to 3:30 in AB B60 computer classroom to assist users of the Oracle Administrative Systems with the following:
- 2:00 – 3:30 General assistance in resolving problems or individualized training
(Users may come and go during the 2:00 – 3:30 time period)
- 2:00 – 2:30 Approving or Certifying Effort Reports
(must have UAB Effort Report User responsibility and register for the class via the UAB Faculty & Staff Learning System)
- 2:30 – 3:00 Reporting Biweekly Time Using the TEL Document
(must have UAB TEL responsibility and register for the class via the UAB Faculty & Staff Learning System)
- Online Instruction and Documentation – This online documentation is designed to provide users of the Oracle Administrative System with information and step-by-step instructions for effectively using the various system applications. Documentation has been developed for each system application, and can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
- Using Oracle - Overview and Basics - (recommended for all users)
- Using the UAB Self Service Application - (recommended for all UAB Employees, Trainees and Volunteers)
- Viewing UAB Self Service Views (Ex-UAB Employees, Trainees and Volunteers)
- Using the Human Resource Applications (recommended for users responsible for the processing of ACT, TEL and Salary Reclass documents)
- Using the Finance Applications (recommended for users responsible for the processing of Payment Request, Purchase Requisitions, Journal Entries or GL and GA Reporting)
In addition, the Oracle Administrative System Instructors perform/provide the following:
System Alerts/Announcements – ensures that the campus community is aware of any new features and system updates and/or changes.
· Special training sessions for groups needing training or assistance with specific Oracle processes. To request a special session, email email@example.com.
· Assistance to AskIT in providing Oracle-related desktop support.
o Contact AskIT at 205-996-5555
· System testing and assistance with System implementation processes.
· Collaboration with the user community to ensure continual assessment of System uses and needs.
Sign up for the Organizational Learning and Development E-newletter
Organizational Learning and Development sends a monthly e-newsletter with information about upcoming classes and new classes added to the schedule, as well as tips and other resources. Click here to join our e-newsletter mailing list. Your email address will not be shared and you may choose to cancel your registration at any time.