Set Up Exchange - Mac® Mail
With the release of OS 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac Mail, iCal, and Address Book can integrate with Microsoft Exchange.
Note: For best performance with Exchange, we highly recommend using Autodiscover.
To set up Mac Mail for Exchange with Autodiscover, perform the following steps:
- Open Mac Mail. If this is the first time that it has been used, the Setup Assistant will appear. Otherwise, select File / Add Account.
- Enter the following information:
- Full Name-Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- Password-Enter the Blazerid password for your email account.
- Select the Continue button.
- If you get a Verify Certificate pop-up, select the Connect button.
- An Account Summary page will open. To access your contacts through Address Book, select the Address Book contacts check box. To access your calendar through iCal, select the iCal calendars check box.
- Select the Create button.
If you need to manually setup Mac mail, here are the server settings you will need to use.
Mail Server: mail.ad.uab.edu
Your Username: BlazerID
Your password: BlazerID password.