The KPI charts measure, for example, how tickets are submitted to AskIT, the kind of issues for which customers are seeking help, the length of time tickets are open and the scores from customer satisfaction surveys/feedback.
Setting goals, measuring the results, communicating to our customers and acting on these Key Performance Indicators are critical to UAB IT's becoming a more service-oriented organization.
KPI charts by month:
UAB IT has contracted with InCommon to provide Comodo SSL server certificates for the uab.edu domain.
Any UAB department using a certificate ending in uab.edu can use the service at no cost. UAB IT pays a yearly fee that covers all certificates.
For regular SSL server certificates, the server administrator can order them here.
For wildcard certificates and multiple domain name certificates, the server administrator should send a request to AskIT with all of the details and a valid CSR (Certificate Signing Request), and the request will be routed through Data Security and the Unix team.
- 50 GB of e-mail space, an increase of 49 GB from the current service
- 25 GB of free file storage, an increase of 24 GB from the current service
- Access to Microsoft Office applications from laptops, tablets, and other mobile devices
- A single web interface to access all of the above features
Students who prefer to work offline will be able to download the Office applications and continue using their preferred e-mail clients.
We expect all students to be transitioned to the Office 365 service by June 30, 2014. For more information and how the transition will occur please visit our Office 365 for Students info page.
Desktop Web Conferencing
Microsoft Lync is a messaging and conferencing solution that connects and engages audiences in online meetings, training and events. With Lync meeting, attendees participating from their PCs can be part of a presentation, kick off a project, brainstorm ideas, edit files, and collaborate on whiteboards, all without the hassle and cost of travel. Lync helps users streamline communications from small collaborative meetings to large events.
Note: Please order the Lync Service from this page, not directly from Microsoft. When you're ready to order, click ORDER NOW.
- Share and record your meeting notes (record only from PC)
- Highlight and emphasize key aspects of your presentation
- Ordering information:
- What's Included
- Unlimited number of meetings (only one concurrent meeting)
- Audio via computer whne using installed Lync client or browser (see Telephone Bridge option below for use where computer audio/mic/speaker is not available)
- Cost $10 per month
- Optional Telephone Conference Bridge
- 800 number
- Toll-based number
- Cost: per minute of use for each attendee
- Charged to organizer for toll-free at $.05 per attendee per minute
- Paid as standard long-distance costs by attendee when using toll-based number
- Note: Select "Lync Request" in the drop-down box on the service request page | ORDER NOW
- What's Included
- Connect remote participants and teams
- Make a bigger impact with dynamic audio and video
- Distribute handouts before or during your meetings
- Stay in touch anywhere: Lync enables users to communicate securely anywhere they have network connectivity, and automatically adapts to network conditions.
Use the device you want: Lync makes communicating easier with a consistent and familiar experience available on Windows PCs, Windows Phone, iOS, and Android smartphones. The new immersive Lync app for Windows 8 and Windows RT provides a seamless touch-first experience.
Communicate in the right way: Lync unifies voice and video calls, Lync Meetings, presence, and instant messaging (IM) in one easy-to-use client, making it simple to choose and switch between different forms of communication.
Take advantage of standards-based HD video: Lync uses open standards including H.264 SVC to provide a high-quality video experience on a wide range of devices.
Make virtual meetings more effective: See up to five meeting participants simultaneously with new multiparty HD video support. You can choose who to see or let Lync choose for you.Easily join meetings: Joining a Lync Meeting requires only a single touch or click on smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
Extend Lync Meetings outside your organization with browser-based access:The Lync Web App allows PC and Mac users to join a Lync Meeting from a browser and delivers a full online meeting experience including IM, voice, multiparty video, data collaboration and sharing.Take notes in OneNote: OneNote share allows users in to create and share OneNote digital meeting notes within Lync Meetings.
Cisco's WebEx conferencing product allows you to collaborate with colleagues across your organization, or halfway across the planet. You can meet online and share files, information, and expertise. WebEx solutions are meant to increase productivity while keeping you connected.UAB has negotiated a master agreement with WebEx that allows UAB faculty and staff to subscribe to certain enterprise subscriptions. See the information below for details.
Ready to order?
- Contact the WebEx representative, Ashley Oldani (615-324-4879) email@example.com or Evan Bearry firstname.lastname@example.org ( 904-996-1307), DO NOT order via the WebEx website.
- WebEx will provide you with a quote/order form via an email link.
- Click on the link to open the online agreement.
- Print the signature page and then download and print the actual agreement. DO NOT CLICK OFF ON THE ELECTRONIC APPROVAL.
- Route the agreement through UAB Contracts for normal approvals. Attach the document at this link to the document packet as the governing agreement.
- Once signed by UAB then fax all pages to WebEx at the number provided on the quote.
WebEx is a comprehensive suite of real-teim web collaboration services that enable organizations to increase reach, accelerate business processes and reduce costs. Learn more.Share ideas online with anyone, anywhere. Learn more.
UAB implemented a service pack upgrade for Blackboard Learn 9.1 on August 12th, 2013, and this change results in a new look and feel and some new features to the Blackboard environment.
The information below provides a summary of major changes and links to additional content on the change.
*Student information on new features in Blackboard Learn Service Pack 13.
*Not all features may be available for the system as a whole or for certain schools.
|Global Navigation & My Blackboard||Create a blackboard profile|
|New discussion thread and post features||Social Learning Tools|
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Compatible: partially tested but should function properly.
Provisional: future technologies considered supported by Blackboard Support.
Unsupported: either impossible or not tested.
Microsoft Windows Operating System
Apple Mac OS Operating System
- Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 are tested in Standards Mode. Some known issues can be resolved by using Compatibility Mode (emulates IE7 behavior).
- Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have moved to a rapid release cycle. At the time of testing, Chrome 16.0 and Firefox 9.0 were the latest available versions. Since then, new stable versions may have been released and widely adopted. Blackboard is supporting all newer stable versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Blackboard Learn Toolbar
The Blackboard Learn Toolbar for Internet Explorer and Firefox enhances the browsing experience for learners.
It facilitates research using context-aware decision support information rather than raw search results.
Learners can use the toolbar to discover resources using the Microsoft Bing Decision Engine.
Combined with this new way to search are notifications your students use every day from the Blackboard Learn software.
You can reach students with course updates where they already are – browsing on the web.
Any time their web browser is open they are connected to your institution and getting notifications from classes.
Course Files: Manage Content at the Course LevelCourse files eliminate redundancy and simplify the management of content updates.
An in-course file storage structure makes it easier to keep track of documents used in courses,
similar to the type of file and folder structure that is used on your PC.
The new table of contents allows students to see and navigate the organization of the
set of content on the same page as the materials. A new thumb nail view and
drag and drop upload applet make it quick and easy to get files into Blackboard and to view the image files.