To access the UAB Electronic Directory, go to http://www.uab.edu/phonebook.
In the row of buttons towards the bottom of page, locate and click the green button labeled Authenticate.
On the page that appears, enter your Blazer ID and Password.
Note:If you do not have a BlazerID or have forgotten your Blazer ID and/or password, you must complete the BlazerID password reset form at http://www.uab.edu/blazerid or contact AskIT at 996-5555.
Click the "Login!" button
You will be directed to the UAB Electronic Phonebook page. Note the three search parameters available to you. By default, the directory searches "all listings" that "match" the name you type in.
Type the name of your entity in the textbox.
Click the "Go!" button. Your search may return several entities. Find the correct one and click on its name to continue to its directory page. The entity's page should appear similar to the example below.
Depending on your permissions, you may or may not see all of the red buttons above. However, if you do not see the red Bluepages button, please consider the following:
- Make sure you authenticated (signed in with BlazerID and password). If you haven't, you should see the green Authenticate button on the page. Click on that to sign in.
- Make sure you are viewing an entity, not an individual. Sometimes, there are several entities and individuals with related names. Conduct a new search by clicking on the green New Search button. Type in a more general name (for example, "Campus Directory" instead of "UAB Campus Directory"). The search should return more listings. Look under the Entity section of the return list for the correct listing, and click its name.
- If you are still having trouble, you may not have permission to add, edit or delete bluepage listings.
1. To Add a Listing: Click on the red Bluepages button . The bluepage listings page (below) will appear. Towards the top of the page, locate the Insert new listing section.
Type the contact's Social Security number or BlazerID. Click "Add!" The Add Blue Pages Listing page will appear. Type in the additional information and click "Add!" again.
By default, the new add will appear first in the listing. However, you may change its position in the Changing listing(s) order section of the page (above). Click "Move it!" to complete the change.
2. To Change a Listing's Information: Click on the red Bluepages button , scroll down, and locate the name of the contact. Click on the contact's social security number to edit his/her information.
However, please recognize what you can and cannot do. Fields with Blue buttons can be modified on-line and will display a text box. Fields with Red buttons are NOT modifiable on-line and are provided from official UAB records.
- If you are an UAB employee and wish to make changes to fields with Red buttons, updates must be submitted through the departmental HR officer via an Oracle ACT Data change form.
- You can click on the help icon next to each field to determine which office supplied the particular information.
Click "Change!" You will be directed back to the listing.
3. To Delete a Listing: Click on the red Bluepages button , scroll down, and locate the name of the contact you wish to delete. Click on the contact's social security number to bring up the edit information page.
Locate the Check box to delete listing checkbox and click to select the box.
f that person is authorized at a higher level, there will not be a "Change!" button displayed. It will have to be unchecked by a person at a higher level.
If no other changes are needed, then you MUST select the "END SESSION" button at the top of the screen to logout of the record.