Desktop Web Conferencing
Cisco's WebEx conferencing product allows you to collaborate with colleagues across your organization, or halfway across the planet. You can meet online and share files, information, and expertise. WebEx solutions are meant to increase productivity while keeping you connected.UAB has negotiated a master agreement with WebEx that allows UAB faculty and staff to subscribe to certain enterprise subscriptions. See the information below for details.
Ready to order?
- Contact the WebEx representative, Ryan J. Brown (615-324-4849) email@example.com or Evan Bearry firstname.lastname@example.org ( 904-996-1307), DO NOT order via the WebEx website.
- WebEx will provide you with a quote/order form via an email link.
- Click on the link to open the online agreement.
- Review the order form for accuracy and print the actual agreement for your records. CLICK OFF ON THE ELECTRONIC APPROVAL.
- Attach the printed copy as backup for any submissions to UAB Procurement for payment.
- No agreement needs to be routed for signature.
WebEx is a comprehensive suite of real-teim web collaboration services that enable organizations to increase reach, accelerate business processes and reduce costs. Learn more.Share ideas online with anyone, anywhere. Learn more.
To better serve our customers and to have the ability to effectively track Telecom work orders, we will no longer be accepting work orders through the email address UABCOMM@uab.edu .
Effective, October 18th, 2013, all Telecom work orders must be submitted through our Telecom work order form located at https://commservices.comm.uab.edu/ServiceRequest/login.aspx
The new voice mail platform was successfully implemented on November 15th, 2012. Archived messages were only available until December 15th, 2012.
Current users of MATLAB are required to UPDATE the current license on their desktop before Feb 1, 2013. To update MATLAB, open MATLAB and do following:
- click on Help and then Licensing and then UPDATE.
- MATLAB will take a couple minutes to connect to the MATLAB License center and download an update license file to the users desktop.
For more information on MATLAB see http://www.uab.edu/it/home/component/k2/item/306-matlab.
UAB IT provides several for-fee streaming services via a Wowza Streaming Server hosted on the UAB campus. The Wowza solution provides capabilities for both live streaming and archiving of recorded sessions/events and streams content to all of the most popular devices and protocols.Order Now Click and complete the online form.NOTE: if your request involves academic material (defined as material associated with an ACTIVE Banner course) some media/streaming services may be available to you at no cost. If you believe your content meets the Academic criteria click here for Media Services for Academic Courses.
- Live Streaming: User must provide capture equipment, network connection(s) and personnel for onsite; IT provides management of the stream and streaming server; Billed based on actual hours stream is active with a 2 hour minimum and in hourly increments; separate fee to archive the stream for future viewing. See the pricing section for more information.
- Archived Content and On-Demand Streaming: setup fee is per directory/folder; a separate directory is required for each account string; billed at actual storage used (with min Gb requirement). Two options for storage are available including both individual file storage and bulk storage managed by the end-user department. Some storage may be at no cost if the content is considered academic in nature (academic being defined/determined based on the material being associated with an active course in Banner.) See the pricing section for more information.
$32.00 / hour (during
regular business hours
assuming basic facilitation;
other periods is limited and
at an additional cost)
2 hour min. billing
|User must provide capture equipment, network connection(s) and personnel; IT provides management of the stream and streaming server; Billed based on actual hours stream is active with a 2 hour minimum and in hourly increments; separate fee to archive the stream for future viewing|
Archiving & On-Demand Streaming(Individual file/event basis)
See Note below related to
$45.00 / Gb annually
Setup fee is per directory/folder; a separate directory is required for each account string; billed at actual storage used and in 1Gb increments (min 1 Gb billing); if you have previously set up On-Demand, the set-up fee will not apply.
Archiving & On-Demand Streaming(Bulk storage)
$200 / 10Gb annually
Setup fee for top level directory; a separate directory is required for each account string; billed in increments of 10gb; user group manages all uploading, directories, etc.; if you have previously set up On-Demand, the set-up fee will not apply.
NOTE: For individual archived files (not bulk services) if the content is determined to be for Academic Use (defined by the material being associated with an ACTIVE Banner course) there may be no cost for the services. If you believe your content meets the Academic criteria, contact Instructional Technology at 205-934-0429 for more details or click here.
- Wowza Media Server 3 is compatible with Flash Player, Silverlight Smooth Streaming player, QuickTime player, VLC, native playback on iOS devices, as well as with a variety of native H.264/AAC capable players on 3GPP, set-top boxes, and other devices.
- Wowza Media Server 3 supports several variants of RTMP as well as HDS for Flash, Silverlight Smooth Streaming, Apple HLS for iPhone/iPad and other compatible devices, RTSP/RTP for Android, QuickTime and other 3GPP mobile devices, and MPEG-TS for set-top boxes. See specifications for a current list of supported protocols.
- Wowza Media Server 3 supports streaming to many types of devices, including PCs, Macs, iPhones/iPads and other devices supporting HLS, Android smart phones/tablets, other 3GPP smartphones/tablets, Internet connected TVs, IPTV/OTT set-top boxes, etc.
UAB Telecommunications is implementing our new voice mail platform on November 15th, 2012.
Your new voice mail box has been created on the new system and we need you to setup your new voice mail box prior to the cutover on November 15th.
Please go to our IT Telecommunications website for complete directions in setting up your new voice mail box.
You will be able to access archived voice mail messages on your old voice mail until December 15th, 2012. To access archived messages dial (6-6001) and follow the prompts.
For any questions or concerns please contact our help desk at Repaircomm@uab.edu, or call our Telecom help desk at 4-7777 with any issues or questions.
*Please note that UAB Health System Cisco VoIP phones will not be affected by the cutover to the new voice mail system.