Windows Mail with IMAP while adding another account.
- Open Windows mail by selecting the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then selecting Windows mail.
- Select the Accounts ribbon.
- Select Email +.
- Go to Step 2 in the First installation steps.
Windows Mail first installation
- Open Windows Live Mail
- You will see the Add your email accountsscreen.
- Type your BlazerID Password.
- Type your Display name (This name will show up when a recipient receives your email).
- Select the checkbox for Manually configure server settings.
- Select IMAP, and add the server settings below.
Mail account information you need to add:
- Incoming Server: mail.ad.uab.edu , Check require a SSL connection, port 993
- Outgoing server: relay.ad.uab.edu, Check require a SSL connection, port 587
- Requires Authentication is checked, and make sure you add your BlazerID to the Logon Username.
Mozilla Thunderbird first installation
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Add your First and Last name.
- Select and type your Password.
- Select Next and enter in your Incoming and Outgoing servers, select IMAP for Incoming.
- Incoming mail server: Mail.ad.uab.edu. Port 993, SSL: SSL, and NTLM
- Outgoing mail server: Relay.ad.uab.edu, Port 587, SSL: StartTTLS, and NTLM
If you use Mozilla Thunderbird, please use the Manual configuration option. We have found that Mozilla uses the wrong settings when it automatically searches for the settings.
What are the Ideal Mail Server Settings when you need to manually setup an email client that does not support Exchange?
- Mail Setting type: IMAP
- Mail Server: mail.ad.uab.edu
- SSL is set.
- Mail Server Port: 993
- Password: BlazerID password.
- Outgoing Mail Server: Relay.ad.uab.edu
- Mail Server port: 587
- SSL is set.
- Server does require you to login with your BlazerID and password.