Sunday, 01 January 2012 05:00
- Open Outlook Web App (OWA). The URL is https://mail.ad.uab.edu.
- Sign in with your BlazerID & Password.
- In the top right corner, click Options> See All Options.
- On the left side, click Organize E-mail.
- At the top center, click Delivery Reports.
- Click Select Usersin the “Search for Messages I’ve sent to:” section.
- Find the person you sent the email to, double-click their name, and click the OK button at the bottom (note: if you sent an email to multiple persons, you only have to supply the name of one recipient).
- On the right side, click Search.
- Find the email in question in the Search Results window and double-click it.
- The next screen will show you the delivery status and time delivered for each person that the email was addressed to.
- Delivery Reports are only available for messages sent within the past 7 days.
- If you sent the message off-campus, you will see this message in the Delivery Report: “The message was successfully handed off to a different e-mail system. This is as far as we can track it.” If you see that message, then the email made it out of UAB’s email system and we cannot track it any further. You will need to contact the recipient’s email administrators if message tracking is needed beyond this point.
Published in FAQ - Infrastructure