Provide a reliable framework of integrated tools and systems to enhance efficiency, encourage collaboration and facilitate solutions.
- Enhance the service catalog and develop a marketing plan for IT services and tools.
- Develop a framework to identify and prioritize campus-wide IT projects.
- Strengthen the project management office by standardizing methodologies and tools.
- Ensure funding for completion of the research admnistration information system project (IRAP) and ongoing maintenance.
- Identify cost efficiencies and new funding sources to support administrative systems and IT core services.
- Secure funding for on-going IT costs related to payment card industry compliance.
- Plan for increases in software licensing costs and renegotiate contracts.
- Provide an enterprise system to support the research community.
- Support recuriting and retention efforts for students by providing sytems that enable the university's goals.
- Upgrade human resources and financial enterprise resources and planning.
- Provide tools and solutions that support UAB's web presence initiatives.
- Assist partners in identifying a global business intelligence solution.
- Enhance the UAB identity management solution to ensure compliance to the latest standards.
- Strengthen governance and policies for data access and retention.
- Ensure compliance and harden security for administrative systems.
- Develop best practices and standards for information security (onsite and hosted) and implement distributed security plans.
- Implement automated tools to identify and redact sensitive data.