NOOKstudy is a feature-rich and easy-to-use software application that allows you to store and manage digital content for your classes – eTextbooks, class materials, personal notes, and teacher handouts - in a single location.
NOOKstudy is a free download, and can be used on either a Mac or PC. You should note that it is not available on nook readers - a little confusing and a cause of some irritation if you check out discussion boards - this is due to the nature of textbook presentation and something that Barnes & noble is working on for future iterations.
Some Key features:
- The ability to create course specific files where you can maintain and organize all electronic content related to your courses: syllabi, hand-outs, scanned written notes, links to content
- The flexibility to electronically highlight and take notes in a variety of colors for easier recall and improved organization
- Tools that allow you to tag content for future reference
- The option of having multiple eTextbooks open simultaneously to make studying more efficient
- One click access to complementary online reference materials and resources (e.g. Google, Wikipedia, dictionary, etc.) directly from the eTextbooks