GraphPad Prism Software Subscriptions
|UAB now has an agreement in place with GraphPat for their Prism software at a discounted price to what is available to individual users and schools direclty from GraphPad.
GraphPad Prism is a commercial scientific 2D graphing and statistics software published by GraphPad Software, Inc.. Prism is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers.
Desktop Web Conferencing
Cisco's WebEx conferencing product allows you to collaborate with colleagues across your organization, or halfway across the planet. You can meet online and share files, information, and expertise. WebEx solutions are meant to increase productivity while keeping you connected.
UAB has negotiated a master agreement with WebEx that allows UAB faculty and staff to subscribe to certain enterprise subscriptions. See the information below for details.
Ready to order?
- Contact the WebEx representative, Ryan J. Brown (615-324-4849) email@example.com or Evan Bearry firstname.lastname@example.org ( 904-996-1307),
- DO NOT order via the WebEx website.
- WebEx will provide you with a quote/order form via an email link.
- Click on the link to open the online agreement.
- Review the order form for accuracy and print the actual agreement for your records. CLICK OFF ON THE ELECTRONIC APPROVAL.
- Attach the printed copy as backup for any submissions to UAB Procurement for payment.
- No agreement needs to be routed for signature.
- Please reference Doc#44199-2 when submitting purchase order.
WebEx is a comprehensive suite of real-teim web collaboration services that enable organizations to increase reach, accelerate business processes and reduce costs. Learn more.
Share ideas online with anyone, anywhere. Learn more.
To better serve our customers and to have the ability to effectively track Telecom work orders, we will no longer be accepting work orders through the email address UABCOMM@uab.edu .
Effective, October 18th, 2013, all Telecom work orders must be submitted through our Telecom work order form located at https://commservices.comm.uab.edu/ServiceRequest/login.aspx
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Compatible: partially tested but should function properly.
Provisional: future technologies considered supported by Blackboard Support.
Unsupported: either impossible or not tested.
Microsoft Windows Operating System
Apple Mac OS Operating System
- Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 are tested in Standards Mode. Some known issues can be resolved by using Compatibility Mode (emulates IE7 behavior).
- Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have moved to a rapid release cycle. At the time of testing, Chrome 16.0 and Firefox 9.0 were the latest available versions. Since then, new stable versions may have been released and widely adopted. Blackboard is supporting all newer stable versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Sync Space for iPad provides a zoom able drawing space that can be shared in real-time over the net a sort of shared whiteboard. Turn on synchronization and send a link to the document to others who will be able to see your drawing and also make changes using Sync Space.
The resulting drawings can be posted to Twitter, 37 Signals' Campfire and Face book or emailed as a PDF.
lt’s the perfect whiteboard replacement for distributed teams. See a demonstration video a tour web site.
WebCapture is a small utility application for your iPhone/iPod touch to help you capture screenshots of websites.
The app takes screenshot photos of the website alone - no status or toolbars are shown in the screenshots taken therefore no cropping or editing it needed making the job of creating screenshots much easier.
Encore B2B a full featured mobile video conferencing tool.This tool lets you connect with students and control multi-way video meetings, view content, chat, record, switch layouts, along with a number of conference controls.
Readability turns any web page into a clean view for reading now or later on your computer, iPhone or iPad. With the Readability app, you can catch up reading what you've saved with the free Readability add-on for your web browser.
To start saving articles from the web to Readability, visit www.readability.com using your favorite browser and install the free Readability add-on.