What is ILLiad (ILL)? How does it work?
ILLiad is the system the UAB Libraries use for processing Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery requests. Interlibrary Loan is used to get you articles or books that we don't have in our collection. Articles are sent to you electronically, and books are held for you to pick up. Document Delivery is a service used to send you electronic copies of articles from LHL’s print journal collection.
You can go to ILLiad from the LHL homepage by clicking on Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan in the menu on the left. After logging into the ILLiad system using your BlazerID and password, you can submit your request by filling in the information about the item you want.
You can also access ILLiad through the UAB Article Linker button found in many of our databases. If your enter the ILLiad system through a database via Article Linker, the specific item information is automatically entered into the request form once you login to ILLiad.
As we process your request, if the material can be transmitted electronically (an article, for example), it will be posted under "New Electronically Received Articles" in your ILLiad account and you'll get an e-mail to let you know it is available. For books or videos, you will receive an e-mail telling you the item is ready to be picked up.
Most articles are received by us and delivered to you through ILLiad in 24-72 hours, excluding weekends.If the item is held by only a few libraries it may take longer. Because books and videos have to be shipped from another library, they usually take about a week to receive.
See the following handout for more information on:
- How long will an article be available in ILLiad?
- What does the status of my Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery order mean?
- How can I cancel an interlibrary loan request?
- How can I renew a book I got through interlibrary loan?
- Who can use ILLiad/Document Delivery?
- How much does ILLiad/Document Delivery (ILL) cost?
- How can I find the status of my ILLiad (ILL) request?
- How do I logon to ILLiad (ILL)? What is my username and password?
- Why don't I see all my older ILLiad (ILL) requests when I look at my request history?
- Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad (ILL)?
- Why can't I select or search text from an ILL article when you provide it as a PDF?
- How can I check to see whether an article is available before submitting an ILLiad (ILL) request?
- What should I do if the library does not have the book or article I need?
Last modified on February 1, 2016@ 1:46 PM by Cathy J.