FAQs :: List
Why can't I select or search text from an ILL article when you provide it as a PDF?
We don't scan articles in a way that allows you to select text because it would require the computer to do character recognition for each word, which provides room for error in the conversion, and it would be a much slower process.
- How long will an article be available in ILLiad?
- What does the status of my Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery order mean?
- Can I pay for interlibrary loans or document deliveries online?
- How can I cancel an interlibrary loan request?
- How can I renew a book I got through interlibrary loan?
- Who can use ILLiad/Document Delivery?
- What is ILLiad (ILL)? How does it work?
- How much does ILLiad/Document Delivery (ILL) cost?
- How can I find the status of my ILLiad (ILL) request?
- Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad (ILL)? What if I forget my password?
- Why don't I see all my older ILLiad (ILL) requests when I look at my request history?
- Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad (ILL)?
- How can I check to see whether an article is available before submitting an ILLiad (ILL) request?
- What should I do if the library does not have the book or article I need?
Last modified on April 2, 2013@ 1:21 PM by Randy