What is Get It Now and how does it work?
Get It Now is a BETA service that allows our users to purchase articles from an online vendor to be delivered to them quickly by email. It is new and we're one of the first institutions to experiment with this model.
Select the Get It Now option on the UAB Article Linker page and use PayPal to pay for and request the item. You'll get a confirmation for both the order and the payment, and then you will receive your article anywhere from a few minutes to two hours later.
Using the e-check option via PayPal is not advisable for Get It Now as there is a delay in payment confirmations when using e-checks.
Take a look at this video for additional information on using Get It Now.
- What is PayPal?
- How do I get a PayPal account?
- I don't have a PayPal account. Can I use Get It Now without one?
- Will the library have access to my credit card number?
- How long does it take to get an article from Get It Now?
- Why does the Get It Now order page sometimes say the article will come within one hour, but the confirmation email says 2 hours?
- Is using Get It Now a good option for articles needed for patient care emergencies?
- How much does it cost to get an article from Get It Now?
- Why don't I see the option for Get It Now on all the UAB Article Linker pages?
- What if the link to the online full text on the UAB Article Linker page doesn't work? Can I request the article via Get It Now?
- Why would I use Get It Now instead of interlibrary loan?
- What should I do if I don't get my article from Get It Now?
- Why do I have to pay before I get my article from Get It Now?
- What if I can't open my article or the file is corrupted?
- What should I do if the quality of the article I receive from Get It Now is bad?
- If my request is cancelled by Get It Now, how do I get my money back?
- Why do I have to use my UAB email address to make the request?
- Can I make copies of the purchased article to share with others?
- Can I cancel an order before I receive the article?
- I was sent the wrong article. What do I do now?
- I accidently lost my article. What do I do now?
Last modified on October 15, 2013@ 10:06 AM by Nicole