What should I do if the library does not have the book or article I need?
If the subject you are searching for is not health related, be sure to check the Mervyn H. Sterne library catalog. In some cases, the Sterne library may have the material even if the subject is health related. This is more likely to occur if the topic is a multidisciplinary area such as:
- biology: ecology, botany, zoology
- chemistry: general, inorganic, organic, and physical
- environmental health
- exercise physiology
- government documents
- health business
- health education
- materials science
- sociology or social work
Note: Effective September 1, 2015, interlibrary loan services through the UAB Libraries will be available to current UAB students, faculty, and staff only.
- How long will an article be available in ILLiad?
- What does the status of my Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery order mean?
- How can I cancel an interlibrary loan request?
- How can I renew a book I got through interlibrary loan?
- Who can use ILLiad/Document Delivery?
- What is ILLiad (ILL)? How does it work?
- How much does ILLiad/Document Delivery (ILL) cost?
- How can I find the status of my ILLiad (ILL) request?
- How do I logon to ILLiad (ILL)? What is my username and password?
- Why don't I see all my older ILLiad (ILL) requests when I look at my request history?
- Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad (ILL)?
- Why can't I select or search text from an ILL article when you provide it as a PDF?
- How can I check to see whether an article is available before submitting an ILLiad (ILL) request?
Last modified on August 25, 2015@ 12:22 PM by Cathy