Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad (ILL)? What if I forget my password?
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your document delivery/interlibrary loan requests. Through your account you can track the status of your requests and retrieve your requested full text articles when they are posted. We also store your contact information so that we can mail you an invoice if any charges are incurred.
Your username and password can be anything you like, such as your name, abbreviations, or an alphanumeric code. No one but you, not even library staff, will know your password as it is stored in an encrypted file. UAB affiliates should not use their Blazer ID and password as it is against UAB policy for us to store them.
For more information, see the Creating an ILLiad Account at LHL handout.
If you forget your password, please contact Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan at (205) 934-9263 and we will reset your password.Please remember to change your password once you log back in to ILLiad.
- How long will an article be available in ILLiad?
- What does the status of my Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery order mean?
- Can I pay for interlibrary loans or document deliveries online?
- How can I cancel an interlibrary loan request?
- How can I renew a book I got through interlibrary loan?
- Who can use ILLiad/Document Delivery?
- What is ILLiad (ILL)? How does it work?
- How much does ILLiad/Document Delivery (ILL) cost?
- How can I find the status of my ILLiad (ILL) request?
- Why don't I see all my older ILLiad (ILL) requests when I look at my request history?
- Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad (ILL)?
- Why can't I select or search text from an ILL article when you provide it as a PDF?
- How can I check to see whether an article is available before submitting an ILLiad (ILL) request?
- What should I do if the library does not have the book or article I need?
Last modified on May 1, 2014@ 5:29 PM by Nicole