How can I use Papers on my Mac? How can I sync between my iOS device and my Mac?
To use the Papers PDF library manager program for Apple devices on your Mac, please follow the steps below:
- Open Papers' Preferences.
- Click on the Sources icon.
- Type the following into the proxy settings area:
- Leave the authentication URL blank.
- Restart Papers.
- Do your search as usual.
- Select the paper you want to use.
- The journal site will ask you to log in. Use the login/authenticate menu command to reload the Web page via the proxy.
- Log in with your Blazer ID and password.
Your article should begin downloading.
If you have the Papers application on both a desktop/laptop and a mobile device, you can sync your PDFs wirelessly between the two devices. However, you will not be able to do this on the UAB wireless networks. Hopefully a future Papers update will allow you to sync with iCloud which could resolve this issue, but for now there is no way to sync the program on campus. Instead, you will need to take your laptop home to sync using your personal wireless network or consider temporarily uploading PDFs to a cloud storage system or emailing them to yourself in order to open the PDFs in Papers on your mobile device.
ezproxy, ez proxy, ez-proxy; proxy server
Last modified on April 2, 2013@ 1:10 PM