LibQUAL+™ is a web based survey that libraries use to solicit, track, understand, and act upon users' opinions of service quality. This survey is offered to the library community by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL).
For the fourth time, the Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences at UAB participated in this national survey to gauge user's perceptions, preferences, and expectations of library services. LHL began participating in the LibQUAL+™ survey in 2002, and continues to participate every two years.
The main goals of the survey are to enable libraries to:
- Foster a culture of excellence in providing library service
- Help the Libraries better understand user perceptions of the quality of library services
- Collect and interpret library user feedback
- Respond positively to user needs and expectations
- Identify best practices in library service
- Enhance library staff members' analytical skills for interpreting and acting on data