1) All requests must be made through the online request system by faculty or staff.
2) Classrooms and Meeting rooms are for the use of the School of Health Professions and School of Nursing faculty and students. Other schools will be prioritized after these schools.
3) Scheduling deadlines are set based upon recommendations by the LRC Director(s) and announced via email to all faculty and staff.
4) Once the deadline has passed we will begin matching classes to the most appropriate spaces to help ensure best fit for all. Best fit is always our primary criterion for room assignments.
In determining best fit, we consider the following:
a. Size of the space in relation to the size of the group.
b. Number of students enrolled, and begin/end dates/times sent on request form.
c. Special equipment needs in relation to specialized rooms, i.e., videoconference courses and the rooms with videoconference capabilities.
d. Consistency in the room assigned to each group to avoid confusion about where classes meet from day to day or week to week.
e. Special events, i.e. events occurring during semester breaks, events needing dates for advanced advertising, will be handled on a case-by-case situation.
5) Confirmations will be sent to the person submitting requests.
6) Requests submitted after the established deadline will be processed on space available basis and will be processed after the requests that were submitted on time.
Directions for Completing the Room Reservation Form
1) Logon to www.uab.edu/lrc Technically you should already be here if you're reading this.
2) Click on ROOM REQUEST FORMlink in the left sidebar.
3) Once signed in, choose between classroom/testing or clinical skills labs requests. Click on appropriate link for your request.
4) Complete this form in its entirety and click the SUBMIT button.
5) After clicking submit, it will take you to your submissions page housing all of your room requests.
For questions regarding classroom scheduling, please contact the LRC desk 934-5146