Project CONNECT assists all new patients (and those who have been out of the clinic for a year or more) to make a smooth and easy entry into the clinic. Our primary goal is to help each new patient feel welcomed and cared for as he or she develops new relationships with our medical team.
- Call Harriette Reed-Pickens, 1917 Clinic Patient Navigator for incoming patients at (205) 975-4690 to let her know that you would like to become a new/return patient.
- Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- First, Middle, Last Name
- Contact Phone Numbers
- Social Security Number
- Address, State, County, Zip Code
- Marital Status
- Date of Birth
- Employer (if any) and Phone Number
- Date of HIV Diagnosis
- List of Current Medications
- Emergency Contact Person and Phone Number
- Referring Physician (if any) and Phone Number
- Type of Insurance (if any), Policy and Group Number
- After providing the above information, you will be scheduled to meet with a member of our Orientation Team within 5 days.
The purpose of Orientation is to:
- collect a complete history of how you are doing (physically, emotionally, spiritually).
- help you learn about the resources at the clinic and how to access them.
- obtain initial lab work completed.
- schedule your first doctor’s appointment.
Once a patient completes Orientation, a doctor’s appointment is made usually within one month. Project CONNECT makes sure that all information is available so that when you see the Medical Provider, informed decisions can be made in your best interest.