The UAB Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine Residency Program is a national leader in anesthesia education, combining broad clinical experiences, a strong didactic program and opportunities for leadership, research, and unique educational opportunities.
The didactic curriculum designed to insure residents are well prepared for practice and to be successful in the board certification process is continuously evaluated and refined to meet resident needs.
- Daily presentations
- CA1 Curriculum addressing Basic Exam
- 100% pass rate each year
- OSCE’s following ABA format implemented 2016 -2017
- iPad Mini with educational resources provided.
The clinical experience occurs primarily at University Hospital. Affiliated hospitals are all located within the Birmingham metro area and each provides unique beneficial educational experiences.
- Children’s Hospital of Alabama
- UAB Highlands
- Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Optional educational experiences are available allowing every resident to choose opportunities that match their goals.
- Mentored research
- LEAD program offering masters and certificate programs
- Internal moonlighting
- Liver transplant team
- International rotations
- Departmental and institutional committee leadership
Faculty with diverse backgrounds, interests, and expertise are committed to resident education.
- 80 clinical faculty from 40 respected residency and fellowship programs
- Nationally recognized
- Editors of major journals
- Refresher course lecturers
- IARS Board of Directors
- ABA Examiners