Amber J. Brooks
Clinical Subspecialties and Area(s) of Interest
· Pain Medicine
Education and Degrees
· Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, BA, Economics, 2001
· University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, M.D., 2005
Awards and Honors
· Student Catalyst Award winner, University of Iowa College of Medicine
· Gold Humanism Honor Society Inductee, University of Iowa College of Medicine
· Fellowship recipient, Medicial Assistant Program, Reader's Digest International Program
· Clinical Vignette Competition winner, American College of Physicians, Iowa. Chapter, "An Unusual Case of Ascites"
· Scholarship recipient, University of Iowa College of Medicine
· Scholarship recipient, Iowa Medical Society
· American Society of Anesthesiologists
· Alabama State Society of Anesthesiologists
· Hee Cheol Jim, Keller AJ, Jung JK, Subieta A, Brennan TJ. Epidural Tezampanel, An AMPA/Kainate Receptor Antagonist, produces postoperative analgesia in rats. Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2007; 105:1152-1159.