Thomas Moore, M.D.
Professor and Vice Chair
Clinical Subspecialty and Area(s) of Interest
· Spinal Cord Protection during Surgical Procedure
· Intracranial Aneurysm Surgery
· Anesthesia for Awake Craniotomies
Education and Degrees
· Jefferson Medical College, Medical Doctor, 1984
· Naval Hospital Portsmouth , Surgery Internship, 1985
· Albert Einstein Medical Center, Surgery Residency, 1989
· University of Florida, Anesthesiology Residency, 1994
· University of Florida, Neurosurgical Anesthesia Fellowship, 1995
Awards and Honors
· Best Doctors in America
· Selected by Residents as one of Top Ten Teaching Faculty in Department of Anesthesiology
· Selected by Medical Students as one of Top Three Teaching Faculty in Department of Anesthesiology
· Top Ten Teachers of the Year Award, UAB, Department of Anesthesiology.
· America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals
· Florida Society of Anesthesiologists
· American Society of Anesthesiologists
· Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care
· Medical Association of the State of Alabama
· Alabama Society of Anesthesiologists
· Jefferson County Medical Society
· Society for Clinical Translational Science
· Todd MM, Hindman BJ, Clark WR, Tormer JC. For the Intraoperative Hypothermia for Aneurysm Surgery Trial (IHAST) Investigators: Mild Hypothermia during surgery for intracranial aneurysm. N Eng Jour Med, 2005, Jan 352(2) 135-45
· Moore TA 2nd, Markert JM, Knowlton RC. Dexmedetomidine as rescue drug during awake craniotomy for cortical motor mapping and tumor resection. Anesth Analg. 2006 May;102(5):1556-8
· Matz PG, Moore TA, Wolff IVCL, Hadley MN. Cervical Spinal Kyphotic Deformity. Spinal Surgery, 20 (2):77-85, 2006
· Moore TA, Wolff CL, Hadley MN. Blood Loss during Thoracolumbar Stabilization and Fusion. Final Report. Anesthesiology 2006; 105:A60
· Moore TA, Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt. In "Essence of Anesthesia Practice". Fleisher LA, Rozier MF, eds. Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2011, 566.
· Moore TA, Awake Craniotomy for Mapping and Surgery in the Eloquent Cortex. In "Anesthesiology: Problem Oriented Patient Management". Yao F, Malhotra V, Fontes M, eds. 7th Edition, Lippincott Williams, Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2011, Chapter 18.