Medical Director, UAB Pain Treatment Clinic
Division: Pain Medicine
Contact Information: email@example.com or 205.934.6501
Clinical Interests: acute and chronic pain, regional anesthesia, pain research, and genetic research.
Education and Degrees
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Medical Doctor, 1999
University of South Florida College of Medicine, General Surgery Residency, 2001
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Anesthesiology and Critical Care Residency, 2005
Duke University School of Medicine, Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship, 2006
Awards and Honors
Presidential Scholar, Full Academic Scholarship, University of Alabama
Gulf Atlantic Anesthesia Clinical Research Award, University of South Florida
National Research Service Grant Award, University of Alabama
Presidential Plenary Speaker, Society of Surgeons of the Alimentary Tract, University of Alabama
Basic Science Research Award, Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham
American Society of Anesthesiologists
Alabama State Society of Anesthesiologists
American Society of Regional Anesthesia
American Pain Society
International Association for the Study of Pain
American Medical Association
American Medical Association Political Action Committee
For the most recent list of publications, please see PubMed.
- Vila H Jr, Smith RA, Augustyniak MJ, Nagi PA, Soto RG, Ross TW, Cantor AB, Strickland JM, Miguel RV. The efficacy and safety of pain management before and after implementation of hospital-wide pain management standards: is patient safety compromised by treatment based solely on numerical pain ratings? Anesth Analg. 2005 Aug;101(2):474-80
- Nagi PA, Vickers SM. Nutritional Requirements Following Cancer Treatment/Surgery. In: Bales CW, Ritchie CS, eds. Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Aging. Totowa, New Jersey: Humana, 2003.
- Haviv YS, Takayama K, Nagi PA, Tousson A, Cook W, Wang M, Lam JT, Naito S, Lei X, Carey DE, Curiel DT. Modulation of renal glomerular disease using remote delivery of adenoviral-encoded solubletype II TGF-beta receptor fusion molecule. J Gene Med. 2003 Oct;5(10):839-51
- Nagi P, Vickers SM, Davydova J, Adachi Y, Takayama K, Barker S, Krasnykh V, Curiel DT, Yamamoto M. Development of a therapeutic adenoviral vector for cholangiocarcinoma combining tumor-restricted gene expression and infectivity enhancement. J Gastrointest Surg. 2003 Mar-Apr;7(3):364-71.
- Ho KY, Nagi PA, Gray L, Huh BK. An alternative approach to ganglion impar neurolysis under computed tomography guidance for recurrent vulva cancer. Anesthesiology. 2006 Oct;105(4):861-2