Professor, Vice Chair and Director
Clinical Subspecialty and Area(s) of Interest
· Pediatric Pain Management and Treatment
· Adult Pain Management and Treatment
· Health Policy and Organization
Education and Degrees
· Ohio State University College of Medicine, Medical Doctor, 1984
· University of Florida College of Medicine, Pediatric Residency, 1986
· University of Florida College of Medicine, Anesthesiology Residency, 1988
· Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pediatric Anesthesia & Critical Care Fellowship, 1989
· University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Medical Acupuncture for Physicians, 1999
· Harvard Medical School, Clinical Training Program in Mind/Body Medicine, 2003
· Indiana University School of Public & Environmental Affairs, Physician Leadership Program, 2005
· Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Masters in Public Health, 2007
Awards and Honors
· Delta Omega: National honorary society for graduate studies in public health, May 2007
· American Society of Anesthesiologists
· Alabama State Society of Anesthesiologists
· Society for Pediatric Anesthesia
· International Anesthesia Research Society
· International Association for the Study of Pain
· Vetter TR. A primer on health-related quality of life in chronic pain medicine. Anesth Analg. 2007 Mar;104(3):703-18
· Vetter TR, Carvallo D, Johnson JL, Mazurek MS, Presson RG Jr. A comparison of single-dose caudal clonidine, morphine, or hydromorphone combined with ropivacaine in pediatric patients undergoing ureteral reimplantation. Anesth Analg. 2007 Jun;104(6):1356-63
· Vetter TR. The application of economic evaluation methods in the chronic pain medicine literature. Anesth Analg. 2007 Jul;105(1):114-8
· Vetter TR. A clinical profile of a cohort of patients referred to an anesthesiology-based pediatric chronic pain medicine program. Anesth Analg. 2008 Mar;106(3):786-94,
· Robinson RL, Vetter TR: Healthcare Economic Evaluation of Chronic Pain: Measuring the Economic, Social and Personal Impact of Chronic Pain and its Management. In Moore RJ (Ed). Biobehavioral Approaches to Pain. New York: Springer, 2008, (in press).
· Vetter TR: Assessment Tools in Chronic Pain: Specificity and Validity. In McClain BC, Suresh S (Eds). Pediatric Chronic Pain: Current Science and Integrative Practice. New York: Springer, 2008, (in press).
· Vetter TR: Health-Related Quality of Life in Pain Medicine. In Preedy VR (Ed). The Handbook of Disease Burdens and Quality of Life Measures. Heidelberg: Springer Verlag, 2008, (in press).
· Sakawi Y., Vetter T. Airway Management and Vascular Access Simulation During a Medical Student Rotation. The Clinical Teacher, 2011; 8: 48-51.