David Miller, M.D., C.M.Q.
Clinical Subspecialty and Area(s) of Interest
· Critical Care Medicine
Education and Degrees
· University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada, M.D. 2000
· University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, B.S. 1996
Awards and Honors
· Presidential Scholarship; full-tuition scholarship based on merit, 1991
· Young Investigator Award for Outstanding Research from the Oxygen Society, 1996
· Outstanding Student in Community Medicine at University of Nevada SOM, 1998
· George G. Bierkamper Student Research Convocation Award for Outstanding Research by a Medical Student at University of Nevada SOM, 1998
· Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999
· American Society of Anesthesiologists
· American Medical Association
· Alabama State Society of Anesthesiologists
· Instructor Certifications in BCLS, ACLS
· Miller DW, Shao Y, Johnson S, Pardini RS (intr. By Starich, GH)(1997) Potentiation of prooxidant therapies by omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in EMT-6 mouse mammary carcinoma cells in vitro. Journal of Investigative Medicine, 45(1), 152A.
· Miller DW, Smith TK, Shuttleworth CWR (intr. By Starich, GH)(1998) Confocal imaging of electrophysiologically identified enteric neurons. Journal of Investigative Medicine, 46(1), 109A.
· McCall BJ, Miller DW. (2000) Malaria treatment in Queensland (reply). The Medical Journal of Australia, 172(12), 620.
· Miller DW, Schlinkert RT, Schlinkert DK. (2004) Robotically-assisted laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Initial Mayo Clinic Scottsdale experience. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 79(9), 1132-36.
· Iles KE, Song W, Miller DW, Dickinson DA, Matalon S. Reactive species and pulmonary edema. Expert Rev Resp Med 3(5). 1-11, 2009