John Streiff, Ph.D.
Clinical Subspecialty and Area(s) of Interest
· Molecular Pharmacology of Volatile Anesthetics
Education and Degrees
· University of Idaho, Ph.D., 1998
· Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Anesthesia Research Training Fellowship, 2002
· Biophysical Society
· Streiff J, Jones K, Perkins WJ, Warner DO, Jones KA.Effect of halothane on the guanosine 5' triphosphate binding activity of G-protein alphai subunits. Anesthesiology. 2003 Jul;99(1):105-11.
· Streiff J, Warner DO, Klimtchuk E, Perkins WJ, Jones K, Jones KA. The effects of hexanol on Galpha(i) subunits of heterotrimeric G proteins. Anesth Analg. 2004 Mar;98(3):660-7
· Streiff JH, Juranic NO, Macura SI, Warner DO, Jones KA, Perkins WJ. Saturation transfer difference nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy as a method for screening proteins for anesthetic binding. Mol Pharmacol. 2004 Oct;66(4):929-35
· Jin F, Wang S, Spencer JD, Penheiter SG, Streiff JH, Penheiter AR, Warner DO, Jones KA. Effect of halothane on galphai-3 and its coupling to the M2 muscarinic receptor. Anesthesiology. 2005 Nov;103(5):1015-25
· Streiff JH, Allen TW, Atanasova E, Juranic N, Macura S, Penheiter AR, Jones KA. Prediction of volatile anesthetic binding sites in proteins. Biophys J. 2006 Nov 1;91(9):3405-14