- Last Updated on June 05, 2013
NIAMS Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Center (Robert P. Kimberly, MD; NIAMS P60AR48095)
The UAB Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Center (MCRC) is a program uniquely positioned to promote research related to the causes, diagnoses, treatments and improved care of patients with arthritis and musculoskeletal diseases. Centered on an outstanding Methodology Core (Redden) comprised of faculty in biostatistics, statistical genetics and outcomes/health services research, all with a proven record of collaboration in clinical investigation in musculoskeletal diseases, the Center supports four innovative projects:
1) Genetic and Molecular Markers of Methotrexate Efficacy and Toxicity in Early RA (Arnett);
2) Ethnic Differences in Knee OA Pain: Role of Opioid Binding (Bradley);
3) Predictors of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Severity in African Americans (Bridges); and
4) Improving Care of Osteoporosis: Multi-Modal Intervention to Increase Testing and Treatment (ICOMMIITT; Saag).
Additionally, the MCRC coordinates a strong Scientific Development Program, which promotes the introduction and development of new techniques and nurtures young and new faculty in musculoskeletal disease research through a Nascent Researchers Program, ensures the continued energy and vitality of this MCRC.