Program in Immunology (Harry Schroeder, MD, PhD, David D. Chaplin, MD, PhD, Co-Directors)
The Program in Immunology was created to enhance the wide distribution of immunology-related research at UAB. This trans-departmental program seeks to enhance communication among faculty in order to identify and stimulate additional synergies across campus. The main goals of the program are to:
- Facilitate research through coordination and collaboration
- Establish a committed Program Administration that broadly represents participating Departments and Centers to implement cross-cutting activities
- Enhance state-of-the-art technologies, including model systems, imaging, and cell therapeutics
- Advance the translational research capacity, including pre- and post-doctoral training improvements
- Establish a graduate training program in Immunology.
To learn more about the Program in Immunology, please click here