The primary tool of the Developmental Core is the Developmental Grant Program which funds peer reviewed intramural HIV/AIDS related research grants targeted to junior faculty members and investigators new to the HIV/AIDS field. Embedded in the Developmental Grant Program is the core’s mentoring program. Applicants are provided an experienced mentor from the CFAR Executive Board or CFAR Core Director in a related research area to the proposed project.
- Research funding assistance to qualified junior investigators and those interested in new HIV research initiatives to fund high quality research proposals each year through the Developmental Grants Awards program.
- The annual Request for Applications for the 2012-2013 AIDS Malignancy Pilot Awards Program is now closed (effective Dec 2012). Contact the CFAR Administrative Offices or Developmental Core Director for more information.
- Scientific guidance through a mentoring program to each of the developmental grant awardees.
- Facilitates investigational Research Groups (IRGs) to address new research initiatives by collaborations between researchers across diverse disciplines.
- Services to facilitate grant submission and review.
- These services include assistance with grant preparation including financial planning and helping to establish links between the PI and appropriate experts at UAB for Letters of Collaboration (especially Core Directors and facilities available to CFAR members)
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Kaul Human Genetics
Building rm 802B
720 20th Street SouthBirmingham AL 35294
Casey Morrow, PhD