Fernando Ovalle, MD
Dept. of Medicine
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Director, Multidisciplinary Comprehensive Diabetes Clinic
Office Address: FOT 702
Websites: Division of Endocrinology Faculty Page
School of Medicine Faculty Profile
University of Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Bachillerato en Biologia, Biology, 1982
Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
Intern / Resident, Internal Medicine, 1991-5
Barnes Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Fellow, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, 1995-7
- The pathophysiology and mechanisms of insulin resistance and related disorders, including type 2 diabetes, the polycystic ovary syndrome, and the metabolic syndrome.
- The epidemiology and classification of the different sub-types of diabetes mellitus, including Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of the Adult, Type 1b Diabetes, Pancreatic Diabetes, Diabetes in the Elderly, and Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young.
- The distinctive pathophysiology and treatment of diabetes in women
- The pharmacologic treatment of diabetes mellitus, including the treatment of diabetes in difficult conditions; e.g. in subjects with hepatic and/or renal disease
- The scientific testing of widely held dogmas and/or myths in today’s clinical practice, specifically those related to the management of diabetes mellitus.
DRTC Membership Category: