Mouse, rat, pig, non-human primate isolation available. We also can generate both clinical and research grade human islets.
Islet Isolation Prices
- Mouse Islet Isolation $20 per Mouse
- Rat Islet Isolation $25 per Rat
- Islet Equivalents (IEQ) for Human and Non-Human Primates are $0.10 per IEQ.
Please inquire about pricing for transplantation, histology, quality assessment, and non-islet pancreatic tissue. The following methods can be used to assess quality: size, viability, in vitro glucose challenge/insulin expression, cellular composition by FACS analysis.
Islet Cell Culture and Treatment
We can work with investigators to assess quality: culture conditions, in vitro treatments (genetic/pharmacologic), size, viability, functionality, etc.
We are experienced in islet transplantation including:
- diabetic animal models (mouse, rat, pig, non-human primate)
- transplantation sites (portal vein/liver, kidney capsule, vascular implant)
- assess quality: in vivo functionality (blood glucose, insulin, C-peptide, IVGTT, IPGTT)
- procure animal organs, tissues and blood
Isolation of Non-Endocrine Pancreatic Tissue
We can isolate mouse, rat, pig, non-human primate, and human which may be useful to stem cell biology studies.
Isolate/Culture Islets and Non-Endocrine Pancreatic Tissue from Type II Diabetic Donors
Islets or non-endocrine tissue may also be assessed for quality as needed via: size, viability, in vitro glucose challenge/insulin expression, cellular composition by FACS analysis.
Histochemical/Immunohistochemical (DAB, Fluorescence, Tyramide Amplification, etc.)
We provide histochemical and immunohistochemical services to analyze intrinsic, isolated and transplanted islets.
Stacie Bryant, BA - Manager,IRF-CDC
John A. Thompson, PhD - Director, Division of Transplantation R&D
Devin E. Eckhoff, MD - Director, Division of Transplantation