Faculty Promotion & Tenure
Helpful Hints for DOM Junior Faculty
- Find a Mentor – The Department of Medicine (DOM) Junior Faculty Mentoring Program was created provide junior faculty with the opportunity to learn and receive guidance from senior faculty and seasoned researchers in the areas of grantsmanship, funding opportunities and career development issues.
- Maintain Your CV – Keep it up-to-date in the required format.
- Create Portfolios – Begin immediately, as soon as you are “on board”, to create and maintain portfolios for teaching, research and service. Document concurrently everything that you do – all activities. The Appointments, Promotions, and Tenure (APT) “package” should be built over several years.
- Critique APT Package – Have your APT “package” critiqued by several faculty members prior to submitting to the DOM APT Committee. Incorporate changes as needed.
- Review Examples – Review examples of a good packet (blazerid required) and common mistakes and suggestions.
2013 Promotion-Tenure Award Information
Seminars & Resources