Stephen Glasser, MD
Division of Preventive Medicine
Medical Towers 638
1717 11th Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35205
Phone: (205) 975-7125
Fax: (205) 934-7959
- Clinical Trials
- Arterial Stiffness
- Primary and Secondary Vascular Disease Prevention
- University of Miami Medical School, Florida, MD, 1960-1964
- University of Miami, Florida, Pre-Med, 1957-1960
- Editorial Board member:
- American Journal of Cardiology, 1992-present.
- Hypertension, 2007-present.
- American Journal of Cardiovascular Disease, 2011
- Special Consultant for FDA, 1994-present
- Associate Editor in Chief, Cardiology Review, 2005-present
Selected Recent Publications
- Glasser, SP (ed): Essentials in Clinical Research. Springer, The Netherlands, 2008.
- Glasser SP, Arnett DK. Editorial Comment Vascular Stiffness and the Chicken-or-the-Egg Question. Hypertension 2008;51:177-178.
- Glasser SP. Antihypertensive Safety and Efficacy and Physician and Patient Satisfaction in Clinical Practice: Results from a Phase 4 Practice-Based Clinical Experience Trial with Diltiazem LA. Advances in Therapy;2006:23(2).
- Glasser SP, Howard G. Clinical Trial Design Issues: At Least 10 Things You Should Look For in Clinical Trials. Journal of Clinical Pharmacologh;2006:46(10): 1106-1115.
- Gurney JG, Donohue JE, Ness KK, O'Leary M, Glasser SP, Baker KS. Health Knowledge About Symptoms of Heart Attack and Stroke in Adult Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Ann Epidemiol 2007;17:778-78.
- Glasser SP, Salas M, Delzell E. Importance and Challenges of Studying Marketed Drugs: What is a Phase IV (4) Study? Common Clinical Research Designs, Registries, and Self Reporting Systems. J Clin Pharmacol 2007;47(9) 1074-1086 PMID 17766697.
- Kirwan BA, Lubsen J, de Brouwer S, Danchin N, Battler A, de Luna AB, Dunselman PHJM, Glasser S, Koudstaal PJ, Sutton G, van Dalen F, Poole-Wilson P, on behalf of ACTION (A Coronary disease Trial Investigating Outcome with Nifedipine GITS) investigators. Diagnostic criteria and adjudication process both determine published even-rates: the ACTION trial experience. Contemporary Clinical Trials;2007:28(6) 720-729 PMID 17509947.
- Dengel DR, Ness KK, Glasser SP, Williamson ED, Baker, KS, Gurney JG. Endothelial Function in Young Adult Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncolog 2008;30(1):20-25.
- Glasser SP, Cushman M, Prineas R, Kleindorfer D, Prince V, You Z, Howard V, Howard G. Does Differential Prophylactic Aspirin Use Contribute to Racial and Geographic Disparities in Stroke and Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). Preventive Medicine 2008;47:161-166.
- 1999-2005 – Clinical Research Curriculum Award, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NIH/1K30-HL04104-01A1) – Principal Investigator
- Senior Scientist: Center for Aging, 2007-present
- Center for Outcomes and Effectiveness Research and Education, 2007-present
- Scientist for Center of Cardiovascular Biology, 2007 –present
- Adjunct Professor of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, 2005—present.