Young-il Kim, PhD
Associate Director of DISC
Division of Preventive Medicine
Medical Towers 640
1717 11th Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35205
Phone: (205) 975-6695
Fax: (205) 934-4262
- Statistical Processes Control
- Time Series Analysis
- Multi-way Principal Component Analysis
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL PhD 2006 Applied Statistics
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL MS 2003 Applied Statistics
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL MA 2001 Economics
- Wonkwang University, South Korea BS 1999 Management
- American Statistical Association
- Korean Industrial Economic Association
- Korean Academy of Commodity Science & Technology
Selected Recent Publications
- Martin MY, Kim Y, Kratt P, Litaker M, Kohler C, Schoenberger Y, Clarke S, Prayor-Patterson H, Tseng TS, Pisu M, Williams OD. Medication adherence among rural, low-Income hypertensive adults: a randomized trial of a multimedia community-based intervention. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2011;25(6):372-8. PMID:21721962 PMCID: PMC3241480.
- Choi H and Kim Y. Characteristics of multivariate time series and review for clustering methods. Journal of Commodity Science and Technology. 2011;29(3):95-105.
- Vlasova N, Schumacher JE, Oryschhuk O, Dumchev K, Slobodyanyuk P, Moroz VM, Kim Y, Houser S. STEPS outpatient program improves alcohol treatment outcomes in Ukrainian Regional Narcological Dispensary. Addictive Disorders and Their Treatment. 2011;10():6-13.
- Kim Y. Simple statistical test for synergy effect on combined use of promotions. Journal of Commodity Science and Technology. 2011;29(3):1-6.
- Martin MY, Kratt PP, Kim Y, Schoenberger YM, Pisu M. Too much trouble for what I get out of it: acceptability of cancer screening tests among low-income rural men and women in the Deep South. Public Health. 2012;126(1):64-6. PMID:22123455 PMC3257893.
- Kim Y, Na J, Na K. The Effects of Design Attributes on Product Life Cycle in Product Design. Journal of Brand Design Association. 2012;20(2):150-158.
- Mudd P, Ericsen A, Bean A, Piaskowski S, Duan L, Weisgrau K, Furlott J, Kim Y, Veloso M, Bonaldo M, Capuano S, Wilson N, Galler R, Allison D, Piatak M, Haase A, Lifson J, and Watkins D. Vaccine-induced CD8+ T cells control AIDS virus replication. Nature. 2012; 491:129-133. doi:10.1038/nature11443 PMID:23023123
- Oliver JS, Martin MY, Richardson LC, Kim Y, Pisu M. Gender differences in colon cancer treatment. Journal of Women’s Health. 2013;22(4):344-51 PMID: 23531098
- Kratt PP, Kim Y, Kohler C, Schoenberger YM, Litaker MS, Clarke SJ, Martin MY. Addressing the unexpected: successes, challenges, and lessons learned from a randomized controlled trial conducted in partnership with a low-income, rural community. Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved. 2013;24(4):1624-1635 PMID:24185158
- Davidson A, Jensen M, Burgess E, Stevens A, Hayes L, Sieweke S, Stough K, Wright A, McCarty R, Eddleman L, Kim Y, Milby J and Schumacher J. Effects of therapeutic goal management (TGM) on treatment attendance and drug abstinence among men with co-occurring substance use and axis I mental disorders who are homeless: results of the Birmingham EARTH program. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice. 2013, 8:17
- Honor student for Meritorious Achievement of Outreach in Applied Statistics, 2004
- Graduate Student Research and Travel Support Fund, 2006