Young-il Kim, PhD
Division of Preventive Medicine
Medical Towers 650
1717 11th Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35205
Phone: (205) 975-6695
Fax: (205) 934-4262
- Statistical Processes Control
- Time Series Analysis
- Multi-way Principal Component Analysis
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL PhD 2006 Applied Statistics
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL MS 2003 Applied Statistics
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL MA 2001 Economics
- Wonkwang University, South Korea BS 1999 Management
- American Statistical Association
- Korean Industrial Economic Association
- Korean Academy of Commodity Science & Technology
Selected Recent Publications
- Yu F, Salas M, Menachemi N, Kim YI. The Relationship between Computerized Physician Order Entry and Pediatric Adverse Drug Events: A Nested Matched Case-Control Study, Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 18: 751-755, 2009.
- Kim YI and Adams M, Multivariate SPC for Recipe Preservation of Batch Processes, Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 26: 267-277, 2010
- Halanych JH, Safford MM, Kertesz SG, Pletcher MJ, Kim YI, Person SD, Lewis CE, Kiefe CI. Alcohol consumption during young adulthood and incident hypertension: 20 years of follow up from the Coronary Artery Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study, American Journal of Epidemiology, 171(5): 532-539, 2010.
- Pisu M, Richardson LC, Kim YI, H. Krontiras, M. Martin, Pollack LA. Less-than-standard treatment in rectal cancer patients: which patients are at risk? Journal of the National Medical Association, 102(3): 190-198, 2010.
- Pisu M, Oliver JS, Kim YI, Elder K, Martin M, Richardson LC. Treatment for older prostate cancer patients: disparities in a southern state. Med Care. 2010; 48(10):915-22.
- Martin MY, Kohler C, Kim YI, Kratt P, Schoenberger YM, Litaker MS, Prayor-Patterson HM, Clarke SJ, Andrews S, Pisu M. Taking less than prescribed: medication nonadherence and provider-patient relationships in lower-income, rural minority adults with hypertension, The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 12(9): 706-713, 2010.
- Martin MY, Kim YI, Kratt P, Litaker M, Kohler C, Schoenberger Y, Clarke S, Prayor-Patterson H, Tseng TS, Pisu M, Williams OD. Medication adherence among rural, low-income hypertensive adults: a randomized trial of a multimedia community-based intervention, American Journal of Health Promotion, 25(6): 372-378, 2011.
- Choi H and Kim YI, Characteristics of Multivariate Time Series and Review for Clustering Methods, Journal of Commodity Science and Technology, 29(3): 95-105, 2011
- Vlasova N, Schumacher JE, Oryschhuk O, Dumchev K, Slobodyanyuk P, Moroz VM, Kim YI, Houser S. STEPS outpatient program improves alcohol treatment outcomes in Ukrainian Regional Narcological Dispensary. Addictive Disorders and Their Treatment, 10: 6-13, 2011
- Kim YI, Simple Statistical Test for Synergy Effect on Combined Use of Promotions, Journal of Commodity Science and Technology, 29(3): 1-6, 2011
- Honor student for Meritorious Achievement of Outreach in Applied Statistics, 2004
- Graduate Student Research and Travel Support Fund, 2006