The UAB School of Medicine, UAB Center for Exercise Medicine, and Department of Neurology are sponsoring a pilot exercise trial evaluating a novel exercise prescription for Parkinson’s disease patients that is designed to improve fatigue symptoms, muscle function, and other disease-related symptoms. Each participate will exercise under full supervision three days per week at UAB.
To participate in this study, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Adults 45-80 years old with Parkinson’s Disease
- Able to attend 3 exercise sessions per week at UAB for 16 weeks
- Must pass pre-exercise screening
Exercise Intensity Study
An Exercise Intensity Study is being conducted by the UAB Departments of Human Studies and Nutrition Sciences. To participate in this 20 week study, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Caucasian or African-American Women between the ages of 21-40
- Be available for four one night overnight stays at UAB over the course of the study
- Willing to participate in an exercise program that will consist of bike riding and treadmill walking
TIGER Study -
The TIGER Study is designed to investigate how variation in DNA sequence may influence levels of body fatness and fitness both prior to and following a 30-week exercise program. We are looking to enroll men and women who meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 18-35 yrs
- Fairly sedentary for at least 30 days prior to joining the study
- Motivated to exercise!
Guys: Are you ages 17-22? Inactive? Slightly overweight? (BMI 25-35)
Participants will be randomly assigned to short bursts of high intensity exercise or moderate exercise.
Please call for further information 975-9273
Please know your current weight.